Brian S. Edkin, M.D.
Dr. Brian Edkin is a fellowship-trained and board-certified joint replacement and revision surgeon. With years of advanced training in adult reconstruction of the hip and knee, he joined University Orthopaedic Surgeons in 2021. Dr. Edkin specializes in partial and total knee replacement, complex hip and knee replacement, and fracture management as well as musculoskeletal trauma.
After earning his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Miami, Dr. Edkin attended Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine in Cleveland, Ohio, to complete his Doctor of Medicine degree. He then moved to Nashville, Tennessee, for his general surgery internship at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Remaining here, he then finished his residency in orthopaedic surgery and rehabilitation. Dedicating an additional year to advanced training, he went to Sutter Medical Center in Sacramento, California, to complete an adult reconstructive surgery fellowship with a focus on the hip and knee.
Because of seven sports-related injuries in college, Dr. Edkin was constantly drawn to orthopaedic surgery. He wants to be a part of each patient’s journey and see them experience mobility improvement. Through this patient-centered approach, Dr. Edkin is committed to giving his patients the expert care they need and deserve.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Edkin enjoys spending time with his family, watching collegiate sports, and playing golf.
- Bachelor of Arts: University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL, 1987
- Doctor of Medicine: Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, 1991
- General Surgery: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, 1991 – 1992
- Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, 1992 – 1996
- Adult Reconstructive Surgery of the Hip and Knee: Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento, CA, 1996 – 1997
Began Practice at University Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Tennessee Orthopaedic Society
- Vanderbilt Orthopaedic Society
- The University of Tennessee Medical Center
- Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center
- Parkwest Medical Center
UT Research Park
1600 Accelerator Way, Suite 200
Knoxville, TN 37920
11440 Parkside Drive, Suite 110
Knoxville, TN 37934
UT Medical Center Regional Health Center
1130 Middle Creek Road
Sevierville, TN 37862
- “Everyone takes time to explain everything to you, especially Dr. Edkin.”– Lisa F.