Anna H. Wallace, M.D.
Growing up in nearby Cookeville, Tennessee, Dr. Anna Wallace graduated summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from The University of Tennessee Knoxville and then attended The University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine in Memphis, Tennessee, for medical school, where she graduated with honors. She and her husband then moved to Cleveland, Ohio, where she completed her surgical internship and orthopaedic residency at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. Not satisfied with one fellowship, Dr. Wallace completed a fellowship in orthopaedic traumatology at the Orthopaedic Trauma Institute in Macon, Georgia, and then an orthopaedic oncology fellowship at Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia.
As the only fellowship-trained orthopaedic oncologist in the greater East Tennessee region, Dr. Wallace is uniquely qualified to treat both primary and metastatic bone and soft tissue tumors of the extremities and pelvis. She has experience treating both adult and pediatric oncology patients with diagnoses including (but not limited to) osteosarcoma, chondrosarcoma, soft tissue sarcoma, Ewing’s sarcoma, multiple myeloma, and metastatic cancer to the bones.
Dr. Wallace also has experience in the treatment of complex fractures, including those around the joints and of the pelvis and acetabulum. During her two fellowships, she also gained significant experience in the treatment of osteomyelitis and complex joint reconstruction and replacement.
Dr. Wallace and her husband, Jason, both bleed orange and love attending Volunteer sporting events. An avid equestrian since the age of 5, Dr. Wallace now owns three horses and competes in dressage and eventing. She and her husband also enjoy hiking, traveling, and distance running. In addition to the horses, they also have three cats and a German shepherd.
- Bachelor of Arts: The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, 2005
- Doctor of Medicine: The University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine, Memphis, TN, 2009
- Surgical: Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, 2009 – 2010
- Orthopaedics: Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, 2009 – 2014
- Orthopaedic Traumatology: Orthopaedic Trauma Institute, Navicent Health Physician Group, Macon, GA, 2014 – 2015
- Orthopaedic Oncology Fellowship: Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, 2015 – 2016
Began Practice at University Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Surgery at the College of Medicine - Knoxville
- East Tennessee Children’s Hospital
- The University of Tennessee Medical Center
UT Research Park
1600 Accelerator Way, Suite 200
Knoxville, TN 37920
- “My association with Dr. Wallace was relatively brief - pre-surgery. However, even in that short time, she was wonderfully reassuring. The success of the surgery attests to her expertise. My follow-up appointments were with Christy, Dr. Wallace's NP. I found her to be wonderfully friendly, knowledgeable, and supportive. One notable exception to many medical appointments was that I felt unrushed and could easily ask all the questions I wanted to ask. Overall, my experience with Dr. Wallace, Christy, and all the support staff was extremely positive.”– Robert B.