Kostas Triantafillou, M.D.
Dr. Triantafillou, or Dr. Kostas to his patients, believes in gaining a thorough understanding of his patient’s needs and offering a wide range of appropriate options from conservative measures to the most advanced surgical techniques.
After completing his orthopaedic residency and internship at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C., he completed a one-year orthopaedic fellowship at the world-renown Campbell Clinic in Memphis, Tennessee. Dr. Kostas strongly believes in explaining and helping patients understand complex problems, so that patients can make the best decisions for themselves. As a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Kostas strongly believes in a team approach, rather than treatment directed solely by the doctor.
Dr. Kostas’ background and training provides him the ability to provide expert care for the ankle, foot, hip, and knee, but also a broader range of trauma and Worker’s Compensation related injuries.
In his free time, Dr. Kostas enjoys time with his wife and three children, DIY home improvement projects, and following international affairs.
Dr. Kostas is available to see patients seeking joint replacement or ankle, foot, hip, or knee care at our UT Medical Center office. Telemedicine appointments are also available by request.
Learn More About Osteoporosis and Our Osteoporosis Clinic Services
CityView Top Doctor in 2021, 2022, 2023
- Bachelor of Arts in Government: Georgetown University, Washington, D.C., 2005
- Doctor of Medicine: Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C., 2009
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, D.C.
- Orthopaedic Surgery: MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, D.C., 2009 – 2014
- Orthopaedic Traumatology: Campbell Clinic, Memphis, TN, 2014 – 2015
Began Practice at University Orthopaedic Surgeons
- October 2015
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Clinical Instructor, Department of Surgery at the College of Medicine - Knoxville
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- The University of Tennessee Medical Center
UT Research Park
1600 Accelerator Way, Suite 200
Knoxville, TN 37920
- “Dr. Kostas Triantafillou is terrific! He operated on my leg after a car accident. ”– Ryan B.