University Orthopaedic Surgeons Attends Opening for Nursing Scholars Program
University Orthopaedic Surgeons and The University of Tennessee Medical welcomed congressman Tim Burchett for the ribbon-cutting ceremony for a new undergraduate nursing program on August 25. Held at The University of Tennessee Medical Center Orthopaedic Institute at 2704 Cherokee Farm Way, the ceremony opened the BSN Scholars Program, a partnership of University of Tennessee Medical and the College of Nursing.
In addition, University Orthopaedic Surgeons and the UTMC Orthopaedic Institute extended a very warm welcome while providing congressman Tim Burchett with a tour of the Orthopaedic Institute's various departments.
- Congressman Tim Burchett, who represents the 2nd district of Tennessee
- The University of Tennessee Medical Center’s chief community and government relations officer and senior vice president Bruce Hartmann
- University Orthopaedic Surgeons’ Philip G. McDowell, Jr., M.D. and Michael J. Kern, M.D.; director Kendry Tackett; and executive director Tammy Rowland
- Knoxville Orthopaedic Clinic’s Gregory M. Mathien, M.D.
- OrthoTennessee CEO Pete Pearson